Giuseppe and his daughters Francesca, Caterina and Elena have undertaken tourism activities in 2001. They live in the villa located in the park of the farm to be always ready to help you for any need. The Bernardini family take great care to ensure that guests are not disturbed and are able to entirely relax and ensure also that children are safe (a wall separates the park from the road).
Villa Artemisia with Sant’Antonio Agritourism (Ex Villa – “Ganni” or “Criscuolo” Agritourism).
This Villa-Agritourism has existed since the end of the 1700s and was known as “the hunting lodge” at the start of the 1800s. The first known “cadastral” of the Villa begin in 1858, with the Leopoldino Land Registry Map. Between the end of the 1800s and the beginning of the 1900s, the property was altered and took on a similar resemblance to that which exists today (even if the second floor, the balconies and the fish tank were added between 1920 and 1925; and the outer wall was added during the ‘40s).
Annexed to the Villa, there were two farms called ‘Saint Henry’ and ‘Saint Antonio’, which passed through numerous owners from the second half of the 1800s. Initially, surveyed as property of the noble family, Filicchi, however, in 1873 it was bought by Mr. Gustavo Tabet Grazialdo (late Leone); Then, after only three years, the property belonged to Mr. Prato Giovanna and Grechi Filomena. In 1899, the property was bought by Mr. Rignano Guido and then, in 1903, it was sold again to Mrs. Ester Tedesco (and others). After two years, the property was sold again and was bought by Mr. Torello Luigi, the property remained in this family until 1923, the year in which it was bought by Mrs. Anna Fiorini – Ganni (from which the property took its name ‘Ganni, Villa Anna’).
Eleven years later, the Villa-Farm was sold to Mr. Cecchi Oreste di Clemente, until in 1937, it was bought by Mr. Giovacchino Criscuolo, of Genoa, who owned the property until 1961, the latter was an accountant of the Achilles Lauro Society.
The family Criscuolo had five children, three sons and two daughters, three of which never married. For this reason, the Villa was at the time given the nickname “la Villa degli Scapoli” by the inhabitants of Fauglia, meaning “the Villa of the Singletons”.
In 1961, the property was bought by Mr. Adelchi Regis D’Angin (who gave the Villa the name “Artemisia”, Sagebrush, in remembrance of his mother). In 1974 , Mrs. Adele Rossetti, a theatre actress, owned the property. The property remained in the family Rossetti until 1993, the year in which it was bought by the family Giuseppe and Antonietta Bernardini, who restored the property, both internally and externally.
At Sant’Antonio Agritourism, as well as offering clients traditional Tuscan-style apartments, surrounded by a vast parkland and a wonderful swimming pool, 15 x 6 metres long, we also offer our clients many activities onsite and nearby. At Podere, our clients can use the bicycles, play ping pong and football. Also for younger children there is a swing and various games. Our clients can enjoy relaxing walks, or even a morning jog at Podere, where not many cars pass the roads and walks are serenaded by the singing of the birds. Near Sant’Antonio holiday home, there are numerous riding stables, where with fee, clients can go horse riding or take horse riding lessons.